Senior Research Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time; Starting January 1, 2019
Experience: Master's or PhD in chemical engineering, environmental engineering, microbiology, biology or a related field; 5+ years' full-time professional-level experience in performing biological or microbiological analyses in a water or wastewater laboratory
Travel: N/A; Expected to spend 50% of time in laboratory
Job Description & Requirements
Growing clean technology company is seeking an experienced Senior Research Engineer to characterize and determine microbiology activities and kinetics in biological wastewater treatment processes. The ideal candidate will have a highly successful academic record, 5+ years’ experience in the laboratory, a high attention to detail, and the ability to undertake independent research tasks. An interest in next-generation renewable energy technology, environmental entrepreneurship and bio-electrochemical systems is also positive.
- Lead, plan, and perform a variety of R&D experiments and projects focusing on wastewater treatment using biological process
- Lead, plan, and perform a variety of standard to complex microbiological, biological, toxicological, chemical and related analyses on water, possible wastes and pollutants and other samples using laboratory instrument and equipment
- Ensure that all assigned testing is performed in adherence to established procedures
- Interpret and evaluate analysis results, recognizing problems which may occur during the process; determine the reasons for problems and recommend and implement corrective measures
- Develop microbial kinetic models to predict biological system performance and recommend and implement optimizing solutions
- Provide presentations to the management and cross-functional teams; summarize new ideas in patent applications
- Assist or lead grant applications for securing SBIR funding
The Right Stuff
- Expertise in a variety of standard to complex microbiological, biological, toxicological, chemical and related analyses on water and wastewater
- Demonstrated experience developing microbiological kinetic models
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting microbiological problems in biological wastewater treatment processes
- Strong background and experience in anaerobic digestion is preferred
- Experience in bio-augmentation is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Eligible candidates who have the “right stuff” should submit a resume with a thoughtfully written cover letter telling us why you would be the best candidate for the job. You must include your compensation requirements to be considered for this role. Send to email@example.com and include “Senior Research Engineer” in the subject line so your information is routed to the proper hiring authority for immediate review.
Cambrian Innovation is a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions. Dedicated to solving critical water, wastewater, and energy management challenges for industrial producers, it is the standard for some of the top names in food and beverage processing including: Tree House Brewing Company, Domaine Chandon, and AB InBev. Cambrian’s award-winning EcoVolt® product suite offers cost-effective and sustainable options for onsite wastewater treatment, water reuse, and clean energy generation. Through its novel WEPA (Water-Energy Purchase Agreement)™ services, Cambrian offers wastewater treatment and resource recovery as a service with no upfront costs.
Cambrian Innovation’s robust research and development group is also commercializing a broader portfolio of environmental productions to help industrial clients efficiently manage their resources. To learn more, visit http://www.cambrianinnovation.com.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Cambrian Innovation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time. As a condition of employment, all selected candidates will undergo Cambrian Innovation’s standard pre-employment checks, including but not limited to a background check regarding criminal history, driver’s license, education, and employment.
Cambrian Innovation does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Cambrian Innovation will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.