Senior Process Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience: Minimum of Bachelors + 7 years of experience
Job Description & Requirements
Growing, private-equity-backed, clean technology start-up is seeking an experienced Senior Process Engineer with a strong engineering background to deliver on a sizeable backlog of new projects at prominent food and beverage sites. The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for leading and supporting internal and external projects and product development. The individual should be capable of managing small to mid-scale projects. The ideal candidate will bring an understanding of wastewater treatment technologies, and specifically AD (anaerobic digestion) and/or MBR systems. Additionally, the candidate must be capable of working with a team of engineers and contractors and building relationships with potential clients and vendors.
To be considered, you must have experience in water or chemical process design, strong communication and self-organizing skills, and an understanding of anaerobic digestion or related systems. Top candidates will have a passion for sustainability and the environment, will thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, will be self-motivated, and will have an interest in cutting edge technology. Think big, think different, be ambitious, and consider joining a company that values honesty, creativity, excellence in building a world class operation, and proactively protecting the environment.
- Develop process designs for water treatment systems, including P&ID/PFDs, mass balances, component specifications and permit applications
- Support product development activities and interface with stakeholders to report out on progress
- Support new customer site installations and troubleshooting of existing customer sites operations
- Interface with customers, contractors, and internal stakeholders to support ongoing project efforts
- Support supply chain group with sourcing and manufacturing efforts
- Occasional travel to sites to support field activities
- Reports to Vice-President R&D and Engineering
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred
- 7-10+ years of process design & integration experience, preferably in the food and beverage or water and wastewater industry (both aerobic and anaerobic systems)
- Experience in analysis of wastewater treatment plants, water audit for industries and related issues
- Ability to lead, train, motivate, and work within a team
- Ability to develop productive, long-term relationships and communicate with clients, peers, multi-discipline teams, and management
- Understanding of basic fabrication techniques.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- This position will normally work a schedule of Monday to Friday. You must also be able to work weekends and/or holidays to meet business needs.
- Working from your home office is an option. Travel to headquarters in Watertown, MA, just outside of Boston may be necessary to support business needs.
- The work environment is informal, team-oriented, and collaborative.
Cambrian Innovation is a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions. Dedicated to solving critical water, wastewater, and energy management challenges for industrial producers, it is the standard for some of the top names in food and beverage processing including: Tree House Brewing Company, Domaine Chandon, and AB InBev. Cambrian’s award-winning EcoVolt® product suite offers cost-effective and sustainable options for onsite wastewater treatment, water reuse, and clean energy generation. Through its novel WEPA (Water-Energy Purchase Agreement)™ services, Cambrian offers wastewater treatment and resource recovery as a service with no upfront costs.
Cambrian Innovation’s robust research and development group is also commercializing a broader portfolio of environmental productions to help industrial clients efficiently manage their resources. To learn more, visit http://www.cambrianinnovation.com.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Cambrian Innovation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time. As a condition of employment, all selected candidates will undergo Cambrian Innovation’s standard pre-employment checks, including but not limited to a background check regarding criminal history, driver’s license, education, and employment.
Cambrian Innovation does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Cambrian Innovation will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.