Project Manager – Facilities and Construction
Sonoma County, California
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience: Bachelor's Degree + 5 years experience
Job Description & Requirements
Growing clean technology company is seeking an experienced Project Manager with a strong process engineering background to deliver on the sizable backlog of new projects at prominent craft brewery and winery sites. The ideal candidate will be able to perform a variety of customer facing project management and field engineering tasks relating to Cambrian Innovations’s innovative EcoVolt® wastewater treatment systems. This will include project management of site engineering and system installation, requiring coordination between Cambrian and its customers, engineering firms, and subcontractors.
To be considered, you must have experience in water or chemical process design, strong communication and self-organizing skills, and an understanding of anaerobic digestion or related systems. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sustainability and the environment, will thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, will be self-motivated, and will have an interest in cutting edge technology. Think big, think different, be ambitious, and consider joining a company that values honesty, creativity, excellence in building a world class operation, and proactively protecting the environment.
- Manage system installations as the primary project manager with oversight responsibility for engineering firms and subcontractors.
- Prepare detailed estimates, cost code input, and cost control systems.
- Responsible for project cost control, which requires updating of labor cost reports, summary cost reports, and project status summaries.
- Plan, sequence, and schedule the project with input from engineering firms and subcontractors. Manage the project schedule, conduct job site meetings, and prepare updated schedules.
- Monitor the progress of design documents. Participate in design review meetings and provide input regarding constructability, as well as scope and cost changes.
- Monitor and assist Sourcing with preparation of bid packages and invitation to bid inquiries, receiving and analyzing bids, qualifying subcontractors, and awarding subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Work with onsite construction and construction core personnel to establish job organization and to represent Cambrian’s interests during construction.
- Coordinate requirements of governing authorities for permits, inspections, and final approval of the project.
- Maintain submittal control, including scheduling, receiving, reviewing, approving and expediting submittals from suppliers and subcontractors to comply with progress schedule.
- Manage client relations, including progress meetings, correspondence, periodic reports, change orders, and response to client inquiries.
- Prepare and secure owner acceptance of contract change orders. Issue modifications to subcontracts and purchase orders after owner acceptance and update budget in summary cost report.
- Manage payments to subcontractors and vendors, including reviewing and approving schedules of value, pay requisitions, invoices, and required insurance coverage.
- Manage subcontractor and supplier performance issues including documentation, default notices, and replacement, if necessary.
- Review and monitor project progress, quality, and safety. Work with subcontractors and make corrections as required to comply with contract and company policy and procedures.
- Effectively manage project close-out tasks and any warranty.
The Right Stuff:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical, Marine, Facilities Engineering or similar. Masters or advanced degree a plus.
- Working knowledge of equipment systems that use anaerobic digestion technology to treat wastewater, and the subsystems which support them.
- 5 plus years of experience with total project responsibility for complex equipment systems in excess of $1 million dollars.
- 5 plus years of experience working with vendors, customers, and trades including electrical, piping, and construction personnel.
- Top-notch project management skills and use of project management tools, including Microsoft Project.
- Superb ability to interact with customers, including strong communication and presentation skills and affable and demonstrated maturity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated experience in process engineering problem solving and system integration, preferably in the food and beverage processing or wastewater industries.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to exhibit strong leadership ability and have a professional demeanor.
- Proactive, problem-solving personality required.
- PMP certification preferred.
- This position will normally work a typical schedule of Monday to Friday. Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays to meet business needs.
- You must adhere to all federal, state, local, and company safety procedures and policies including wearing appropriate PPE.
- Working from your home office may be an option. Cambrian Innovation is headquartered in Watertown, MA, just outside of Boston, and has an office in Petaluma, CA.
- You will be expected to travel from your primary office to customer and vendor sites.
- May work outside in varying temperatures.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 50 pounds.
- The work environment is informal, team-oriented, and collaborative.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates who have the “right stuff” should submit a resume with a thoughtfully written cover letter telling us why you would be the best candidate for the job. You must include your compensation requirements to be considered for this role. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Project Manager” in the subject line so your information is routed to the proper hiring authority for immediate review.
Cambrian Innovation is a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions. Dedicated to solving critical water, wastewater, and energy management challenges for industrial producers, it is the standard for some of the top names in food and beverage processing including: Lagunitas Brewing Company, Bear Republic Brewing Company, and Russian River Brewing Company. Cambrian’s award-winning EcoVolt® product suite offers cost-effective and sustainable options for onsite wastewater treatment, water reuse, and clean energy generation. Through its novel water-energy purchase agreement (WEPA), a financing platform for distributed EcoVolt solutions, Cambrian offers wastewater treatment and resource recovery as a service with no upfront costs.
Cambrian Innovation’s robust research and development group is also commercializing a broader portfolio of environmental productions to help industrial clients efficiently manage their resources. To learn more, visit http://www.cambrianinnovation.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time. As a condition of employment, all selected candidates will undergo Cambrian Innovation’s standard pre-employment checks, including but not limited to a background check regarding criminal history, driver’s license, education, and employment.
Cambrian Innovation does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Cambrian Innovation will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.