Remote, Southern CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience: 5+ years of experience selling large-scale, industrial equipment
Job Description & Requirements
Cambrian Innovation, commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions, is seeking a sales representative to expand adoption of the company’s WEPA (Water-Energy Purchase Agreement, similar to the PPA in solar) services and EcoVolt solutions in Southern California. An innovative player in the industrial food and beverage space, Cambrian Innovation has operating treatment plants across the country, and a robust pipeline of opportunities.
The selected candidate will work with the larger sales team to exceed bookings goals by identifying prospective customers, moving them from qualification to close, and expanding business with existing customers.
Candidate will have experience selling large-scale industrial equipment. Experience with the food and beverage industry, comfort with engineering and technical questions, comfort with water and wastewater solutions, and an understanding of sustainability goals is desired. The ideal candidate will enjoy operating in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, have impeccable interpersonal skills, and have experience negotiating complex technical sales processes. They must be able to work independently.
Position is remote, in Southern California. Moderate to heavy travel will be required, including trips to Cambrian’s headquarters (Watertown, MA) and prospective and existing customers.
Responsibilities and Typical Duties:
- Grow sales footprint and pipeline in Southern California through new account acquisition
- Identify and develop relationships with prospective customers in Southern California using targeted, professional campaigns to meet annual territory sales and profitability targets
- Rapidly research and evaluate technical and commercial needs to identify possible applications for Cambrian’s products and services; efficiently move prospective customers from qualification through contract negotiations, to contract close
- Work with Sales Team to systematically identify, understand, and sell to all relevant stakeholders in a complex, multi-faceted sales environment
- Work with the Commercial Operations Manager to develop new sales tools and customer-specific business cases for complex sales
- Maintain professional and cooperative communications with all stakeholders in a prospective customer’s organization
- Maintain relationships with customers after close, from delivery through long-term operation of the product or service, to ensure customer satisfaction; implement improvement plans where necessary
- Establish relationships with existing customers in Southern California in order to provide account stability
- Conduct field market research to inform product development, ensuring that Cambrian’s product and service offerings meet or exceed market requirements
- Gather market and competitive intelligence
- Maintain current understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to improve brand awareness and reach, as well as identify opportunities for customer case studies in Southern California; attend and speak at industry conferences and trade shows as necessary
- Consistently update corporate CRM tool to ensure integrity of the data at all times
The Right Stuff:
- 5+ years of experience selling large-scale, industrial equipment; strong business development abilities
- Demonstrated ability to implement new sales processes that lead to a continuous pipeline of opportunities
- Clear understanding of the dynamics and challenges associated with making complex sales to multi-party juries over an extended sales cycle
- Clear understanding of facilities in the food and beverage industry, and an ability to address plant managers’ water, wastewater, and energy concerns
- Strong leadership ability and a trustworthy, professional demeanor
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license and required insurance
- Must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
- Required to travel between Cambrian’s home office and various prospective and existing customer sites; 50%-70% travel is expected
- This position will normally work a typical schedule of Monday to Friday. Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays to meet business needs
- May have to travel from your primary office to conferences, trade shows, and customer sites
- The work environment is informal, team-oriented, and collaborative
How to Apply: Eligible candidates who have the “right stuff” should submit a resume with a thoughtfully written cover letter telling us why you would be the best candidate for the job. You must include your compensation requirements to be considered for this role. Send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Sales Representative, Southern CA” in the subject line to ensure that your information is routed to the proper hiring authority for immediate review.
Cambrian Innovation is a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions. Dedicated to solving critical water, wastewater, and energy management challenges for industrial producers, it is the standard for some of the top names in food and beverage processing including: Lagunitas Brewing Company, Bear Republic Brewing Company, and Russian River Brewing Company. Cambrian’s award-winning EcoVolt® product suite offers cost-effective and sustainable options for onsite wastewater treatment, water reuse, and clean energy generation. Through its novel WEPA (Water-Energy Purchase Agreement)™ services, Cambrian offers wastewater treatment and resource recovery as a service with no upfront costs.
Cambrian Innovation’s robust research and development group is also commercializing a broader portfolio of environmental productions to help industrial clients efficiently manage their resources. To learn more, visit http://www.cambrianinnovation.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time. As a condition of employment, all selected candidates will undergo Cambrian Innovation’s standard pre-employment checks, including but not limited to a background check regarding criminal history, driver’s license, education, and employment.
Cambrian Innovation does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Cambrian Innovation will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.