Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and Laboratory Experience
Job Description & Requirements
Start date: January 1st, 2018
Cambrian Innovation is seeking a Research Engineer to join its growing team. The Research Engineer will lead the execution of research projects and maintenance of research equipment and laboratory facilities. The ideal candidate will have a highly successful academic record, experience in the laboratory, a high attention to detail, and a capability to undertake independent research tasks. An interest in next-generation renewable energy technology, environmental entrepreneurship, and experience with bio-electrochemical systems is also positive.
- Assist in planning experiments to test performance of system components and treatment systems
- Construct experimental apparatus and treatment equipment
- Execute experiments by performing various laboratory protocols and procedures
- Perform laboratory analysis of water quality
- Collect and analyze samples to build high quality datasets
- Assist in troubleshooting of associated systems
- Contribute novel insight to project meetings
- Write, review, and revise internal standard operating procedures
- Assist in preparing written summaries and graphics for reports, white papers, and product documentation
- Engineering degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience in water quality analyses and various analytical methods
- Background in wastewater treatment
- Background in reaction kinetics and transport phenomenon
- Ability to conduct testing procedures from written instructions precisely and accurately
- One year of experience in a commercial or academic lab setting preferred
- Knowledge of general laboratory and industrial safety and potential hazards including proper protective clothing, chemical containment, and biosecurity
- Ability to work with, or learn proper use and care of, common hand/power tools
- Prototyping and hardware development experience desired
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Environmental, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering
Eligible candidates please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Early applications highly encouraged.
Cambrian Innovation is a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions. Dedicated to solving critical water, wastewater, and energy management challenges for industrial producers, it is the standard for some of the top names in food and beverage processing including: Lagunitas Brewing Company, Bear Republic Brewing Company, and Russian River Brewing Company. Cambrian’s award-winning EcoVolt® product suite offers cost-effective and sustainable options for onsite wastewater treatment, water reuse, and clean energy generation. Through its novel water-energy purchase agreement (WEPA), a financing platform for distributed EcoVolt solutions, Cambrian offers wastewater treatment and resource recovery as a service with no upfront costs.
Cambrian Innovation’s robust research and development group is also commercializing a broader portfolio of environmental productions to help industrial clients efficiently manage their resources. To learn more, visit http://www.cambrianinnovation.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time. As a condition of employment, all selected candidates will undergo Cambrian Innovation’s standard pre-employment checks, including but not limited to a background check regarding criminal history, driver’s license, education, and employment.
Cambrian Innovation does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Cambrian Innovation will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.