Product Engineer III
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; 5+ years of industry experience related to mechanical design of equipment
Job Description & Requirements
The Opportunity: Growing clean technology company is seeking an experienced Product Engineer with a strong engineering or process equipment design background to deliver on their sizable backlog of new projects at prominent craft brewery and winery sites. As Product Engineer III, you will be responsible for leading and supporting internal and external projects and product development. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of manufacturing processes, the ability to design skids and related equipment, and the ability to develop detailed fabrication drawings. Additionally, the candidate must be capable of working with a team of engineers and contractors and building relationships with potential clients and vendors.
To be considered, you must have experience in mechanical equipment design and strong communication and self-organization skills. Top candidates will have a passion for sustainability and the environment, will thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, will be self-motivated, and will have an interest in cutting edge technology. Think big, think different, be ambitious, and consider joining a company that values honesty, creativity, excellence in building a world class operation, and proactively protecting the environment.
- Develop mechanical designs and fabrication level drawings.
- Work with manufacturers to size and select process equipment.
- Support product development activities and interface with stakeholders to report out on progress.
- Interface with customers, contractors, and internal stakeholders to support ongoing project efforts.
- Support supply chain group with sourcing and manufacturing efforts.
- Occasional travel to sites to support field activities.
The Right Stuff:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or 5+ years of equivalent experience related to mechanical design of OEM equipment.
- 3+ years of experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D modeling software.
- 3+ years of experience with selection of process equipment, preferably in the food and beverage or water and wastewater industry.
- Thorough understanding of basic fabrication techniques.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- This position will normally work a schedule of Monday to Friday. You must also be able to work weekends and/or holidays to meet business needs.
- Working from your home office on occasion may be an option. Cambrian Innovation is headquartered in Watertown, MA, just outside of
- The work environment is informal, team-oriented, and
How to Apply: Eligible candidates who have the “right stuff” should submit a resume with a thoughtfully written cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for the job. You must include your compensation requirements to be considered for this role. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Product Engineer III” in the subject line so your information is routed to the proper hiring authority for immediate review.
Cambrian Innovation is a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions. Dedicated to solving critical water, wastewater, and energy management challenges for industrial producers, it is the standard for some of the top names in food and beverage processing including: Lagunitas Brewing Company, Bear Republic Brewing Company, and Russian River Brewing Company. Cambrian’s award-winning EcoVolt® product suite offers cost-effective and sustainable options for onsite wastewater treatment, water reuse, and clean energy generation. Through its novel WEPA (Water-Energy Purchase Agreement)™ services, Cambrian offers wastewater treatment and resource recovery as a service with no upfront costs.
Cambrian Innovation’s robust research and development group is also commercializing a broader portfolio of environmental productions to help industrial clients efficiently manage their resources. To learn more, visit http://www.cambrianinnovation.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time. As a condition of employment, all selected candidates will undergo Cambrian Innovation’s standard pre-employment checks, including but not limited to a background check regarding criminal history, driver’s license, education, and employment.
Cambrian Innovation does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Cambrian Innovation will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.