Process Engineer III
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; 3+ years of process design and integration experience
Job Description & Requirements
The Opportunity: Growing industrial biotechnology company is seeking an experienced Process Engineer with a strong engineering background to deliver on the sizable backlog of new projects at prominent craft brewery and winery sites. The Process Engineer III will be responsible for leading and supporting internal and external projects and product development, and should be capable of managing small- to mid-scale projects. The ideal candidate will bring an understanding of wastewater treatment technologies, and specifically anaerobic digestion and/or MBR systems. Additionally, the candidate must be capable of working with a team of engineers and contractors and building relationships with potential clients and vendors.
To be considered, you must have experience in water or chemical process design, strong communication and self-organization skills, and an understanding of anaerobic digestion or related systems. Top candidates will have a passion for sustainability and the environment, an interest in cutting-edge technology, thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, and be self-motivated. Think big, think different, be ambitious, and consider joining a company that values honesty, creativity, excellence in building a world class operation, and proactively protecting the environment.
- Develop process designs for water treatment systems, including P&ID/PFDs, mass balances, and component specifications.
- Support product development activities and interface with stakeholders to report out on progress.
- Interface with customers, contractors, and internal stakeholders to support ongoing project efforts.
- Support supply chain group with sourcing and manufacturing efforts.
- Occasional travel to sites to support field activities.
The Right Stuff:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 3-10 years of process design and integration experience, preferably in the food and beverage or water and wastewater industry.
- Proven experience in process design and system integration, preferably in the food and beverage or water and wastewater industry.
- Experience in analysis of wastewater treatment plants, related issues and the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Understanding of basic fabrication techniques.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- This position will normally work a schedule of Monday to Friday. You must also be able to work weekends and/or holidays to meet business needs.
- Working from your home office on occasion may be an option. Cambrian Innovation is headquartered in Watertown, MA, just outside of Boston.
- The work environment is informal, team-oriented, and collaborative.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates who have the “right stuff” should submit a resume with a thoughtfully written cover letter telling us why you would be the best candidate for the job. You must include your compensation requirements to be considered for this role. Send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Process Engineer III” in the subject line so your information is routed to the proper hiring authority for immediate review.
Cambrian Innovation is a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions. Dedicated to solving critical water, wastewater, and energy management challenges for industrial producers, it is the standard for some of the top names in food and beverage processing including: Lagunitas Brewing Company, Bear Republic Brewing Company, and Russian River Brewing Company. Cambrian’s award-winning EcoVolt® product suite offers cost-effective and sustainable options for onsite wastewater treatment, water reuse, and clean energy generation. Through its novel water-energy purchase agreement (WEPA), a financing platform for distributed EcoVolt solutions, Cambrian offers wastewater treatment and resource recovery as a service with no upfront costs.
Cambrian Innovation’s robust research and development group is also commercializing a broader portfolio of environmental productions to help industrial clients efficiently manage their resources. To learn more, visit http://www.cambrianinnovation.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time. As a condition of employment, all selected candidates will undergo Cambrian Innovation’s standard pre-employment checks, including but not limited to a background check regarding criminal history, driver’s license, education, and employment.
Cambrian Innovation does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Cambrian Innovation will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.