Employment Type: Full Time
Experience: Bachelors + 5 years experience or masters + 3 years of experience in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering
Job Description & Requirements
Basic Function: Growing start-up seeking a dynamic process engineer to join the company’s product development team. The individual will carry out process design, equipment selection, equipment sourcing, and implementation of first-in-industry waste to energy projects based on newly discovered biological processes. Candidate should be capable of independently developing and executing process models and creating necessary documentation to support system fabrication including PFDs, P&IDs, and equipment lists. Candidate will manage contractor and vendor relationships as needed. Position will also involve installation support, including travel as needed. This position has the potential to grow into a senior process engineering or product management capacity.
Candidates must have experience in water or chemical process design, strong communication skills, and an understanding of anaerobic digestion or related systems The ideal candidate will have a passion for sustainability and the environment, will thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, be self-motivated and have an interest in cutting edge technology.
Position is located in Boston, Massachusetts with travel throughout the US. Eligible candidates please submit a resume and cover letter to Karla Franco, Operations Director at Kfranco@cambrianinnovation.com. Early applications are highly encouraged.
- Lead process design activities for pilot and full scale installations
- Develop process models to evaluate alternatives; Provides quantitative technical/economic analysis of process designs to optimize efficiency and reduce costs.
- Developed PFDs, P&IDs, equipment lists, and related documentation to support procurement and fabrication
- Support equipment sourcing efforts and support manufacturing as needed
- Aid in product development activities, interfacing with and managing partners
- Provides critical input to resolve process/integration related to design, manufacturing, and fabrication.
- Occasional travel to pilot sites to review results, and on-site management of pilot systems.
- Education: Bachelors + 5 years experience or masters + 3 years of experience in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering..
- Demonstrated experience in process engineering & system integration, preferably in the food and beverage or water and waste water industry, in particular with system design experience.
- Experience developing PID and PFDs.
- Experience in analysis of wastewater treatment plants, related issues and the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Understanding of basic fabrication techniques.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills. Must exhibit strong leadership ability and have a professional demeanor.
Good to Have:
- Knowledge of water processing technologies.G
- Good communication and customer relations skills desirable.
- An understanding of modern project management is a plus.
- Experience with biogas generation and wastewater treatment, and management of large-scale installations.
Spun out of MIT in 2006, Cambrian Innovation is commercializing a portfolio of environmental solutions based on newly discovered electrically active microbes. By harnessing the power of bio-electricity and advances in electrochemistry, Cambrian Innovation’s products help industrial, agricultural, and government customers save money while recovering clean water and clean energy from wastewater streams. Our bio-electrogenic sensor platform enables low-cost, real-time monitoring of critical natural resources. At Cambrian Innovation our vision is simple: Industry is an ecosystem. Because the biological world is by definition sustainable, creative application of biological engineering is the best way to solve our most pressing environmental challenges. Cambrian Innovation’s solutions leverage advances in bio-electricity to help industrial and agricultural customers cut costs while meeting their environmental goals.