Lab Technician Intern
Employment Type: Full-time, Paid Internship - Start date: June 15, 2017
Experience: Bachelor's Degree and Laboratory Experience
Job Description & Requirements
Cambrian Innovation is looking for a Lab Technician Intern to join our growing team. The intern will assists in the execution of research projects and the maintenance of research equipment and laboratory facilities. The ideal candidate will have a highly successful academic record, experience in prototyping and laboratory, a high attention to detail, and a capability to undertake independent research tasks. An interest in next-generation renewable energy technology, environmental entrepreneurship, and bioelectrochemical systems is also positive.
- Execute research experiments by performing various laboratory protocols and procedures
- Assist in care of research projects and troubleshooting of associated systems
- Prepare materials to support experiments
- Perform water quality analyses
- Collect and analyze samples to build data sets relevant to current research and development projects
- Maintain responsibility for data quality and integrity of assigned experiments
- Write, review, and revise internal standard operating procedures for routine data collection, maintenance, and system care
- Assist research staff in writing and graphics for grant mandated reports, white papers, and product manuals
- Wet lab experience required
- Background in environmental science, particularly wastewater analysis and treatment
- Ability to conduct testing procedures from written instructions with precision and accuracy
- One year experience in commercial or academic lab setting preferred
- Bioelectrochemical system laboratory experience desired
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis of lab data including calculation of mean, standard deviation, and hypothesis testing
- Knowledge of general laboratory and industrial safety and potential hazards including proper protective clothing, chemical containment, and biosecurity
- Ability to work with, or learn proper use and care of, common hand/power tools
- Prototyping and hardware development experience desired
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a physical science or engineering discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering).
Eligible candidates please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Early applications highly encouraged.
Cambrian Innovation is a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions. Dedicated to solving critical water, wastewater, and energy management challenges for industrial producers, it is the standard for some of the top names in food and beverage processing including: Lagunitas Brewing Company, Bear Republic Brewing Company, and Russian River Brewing Company. Cambrian’s award-winning EcoVolt® product suite offers cost-effective and sustainable options for onsite wastewater treatment, water reuse, and clean energy generation. Through its novel water-energy purchase agreement (WEPA), a financing platform for distributed EcoVolt solutions, Cambrian offers wastewater treatment and resource recovery as a service with no upfront costs.
Cambrian Innovation’s robust research and development group is also commercializing a broader portfolio of environmental productions to help industrial clients efficiently manage their resources. To learn more, visit http://www.cambrianinnovation.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time. As a condition of employment, all selected candidates will undergo Cambrian Innovation’s standard pre-employment checks, including but not limited to a background check regarding criminal history, driver’s license, education, and employment.
Cambrian Innovation does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Cambrian Innovation will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.