Field Operations Manager
Santa Rosa, CA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical, Marine, Facilities Engineering, or similar.
Job Description & Requirements
Growing, private equity backed, clean technology company is seeking an experienced Field Operations Manager to join the company at its California locations. The Field Operations Manager directs the daily operation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of wastewater treatment equipment at up to a half dozen client sites. A team of Cambrian operators report to the Field Operations Manager, who guides their efforts to efficiently and safely meet client treatment requirements at minimum cost.
Managing field operations requires experience in many functional areas, and an ability to learn new skills independently and quickly. Among the daily and near-term responsibilities of the Field Operations manager are (a) ensuring daily routines are professionally completed, (b) troubleshooting operational issues, (c) ensuring daily maintenance is completed, (d) reviewing system data and directing process changes as needed, (e) presenting dashboard information and analysis to clients, (f) completing all HR administration with site operators, (g) guiding improvements to the safety culture, (h) assisting in budget preparation, (i) preparing project and capital requests for consideration by company executives. Other duties include reviewing new technologies and making recommendations about their adoption, overseeing the improvement of process control systems, and leading the company’s data collection/analysis improvements.
Cambrian needs a demonstrated high performer for this role. The ideal candidate will have experience managing technicians and operators, ideally in a wastewater processing setting. The candidate must have a bias for action, staying ahead of the many challenges of a growth environment. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting, be self-motivated, and have an interest in cutting edge wastewater treatment technology.
Cambrian is a company that values honesty, creativity, excellence in building a world class operation, and putting people first in proactively protecting the environment.
- Ensure contract compliance by monitoring process trends, graphics, and data. Improve site efficiency in consultation with the VP of Operations and client. Spend time every day with operators as they perform their duties. Create and improve Standard Operating Procedures.
- Implement an improved work order system. Oversee equipment maintenance and ensure quality work is being performed. Implement an operator-driven preventive maintenance program at each site.
- Prepare and present an annual budget. Ensure that purchase orders for materials, supplies, chemicals, tools, equipment, and parts are executed quickly, and comply with company purchasing policies.
- Administer human resource functions for employees, as directed by corporate staff. Lead and improve site safety, housekeeping, and risk management programs. Implement payroll, discipline, and employee development activities.
- Act as Cambrian’s primary contact with service clients, and accept responsibility for maintaining and increasing customer satisfaction with Cambrian’s service delivery.
- Work closely with Project Managers to successfully commission newly-installed Cambrian equipment.
- Establish an inventory system for critical spares.
- Coordinate operations input for iterative improvements to Cambrian equipment, and the processes for operating it.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical, Marine, or Facilities Engineering, or similar education. Successful experience in a relevant management role will be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of four years of experience supervising workers in the operation of a continuous, technically-challenging, round-the-clock industrial process for which down time is unacceptable. Wastewater treatment experience is preferred. Formal supervisory or industrial training is preferred.
- Must be action-driven and accomplished at troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Must embrace the position’s responsibility for outcomes, and creating processes and operator efforts that efficiently deliver those outcomes.
- Must have demonstrated ability to analyze problems using data, draw a conclusion, and convey that conclusion using professional, well-written reports and documents.
- Must be proficient or better in Excel, Word, and their Google Drive equivalents.
- Able to work in a thinly-resourced geographically dispersed team environment.
- Candidates local to southern Sonoma county preferred. Cambrian does not currently offer relocation benefits.
- This position will be subject to 24-hour emergency call-ins. It requires working varying hours including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- You must adhere to all federal, state, local and company safety procedures and policies.
- You will travel from your primary office to customer sites in northern California to the degree required for successful service delivery.
- You will work outside, in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 50 pounds, climb ladders, and work in tight spaces.
- The work environment is informal, team-oriented, and collaborative.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates who have the “right stuff” should submit a resume with a thoughtfully written cover letter telling us why you would be the best candidate for the job. You must include your compensation requirements to be considered for this role. Send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Field Operations Manager” in the subject line to ensure your information is routed to the proper hiring authority for immediate review.
Cambrian Innovation is a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions. Dedicated to solving critical water, wastewater, and energy management challenges for industrial producers, it is the standard for some of the top names in food and beverage processing including: Lagunitas Brewing Company, Bear Republic Brewing Company, and Russian River Brewing Company. Cambrian’s award-winning EcoVolt® product suite offers cost-effective and sustainable options for onsite wastewater treatment, water reuse, and clean energy generation. Through its novel WEPA (Water-Energy Purchase Agreement)™ services, Cambrian offers wastewater treatment and resource recovery as a service with no upfront costs.
Cambrian Innovation’s robust research and development group is also commercializing a broader portfolio of environmental productions to help industrial clients efficiently manage their resources. To learn more, visit http://www.cambrianinnovation.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time. As a condition of employment, all selected candidates will undergo Cambrian Innovation’s standard pre-employment checks, including but not limited to a background check regarding criminal history, driver’s license, education, and employment.
Cambrian Innovation does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Cambrian Innovation will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.